Daily Groceries Co-op is a small community-owned grocery store on the edge of downtown with a commitment to locally grown and produced food and products. Daily Groceries Co-op is an equal employment opportunity business, and we strongly recognize the value of a diverse workplace.
Outreach & Marketing Coordinator
Outreach and Marketing Coordinator
Hours per week: 40
Reports to: General Manager
Purpose: To promote Daily Groceries Co-op in the store, in the community, and via social media as a welcoming place to shop, intentionally sourcing food, and nourishing a kind, engaged community. Create and maintain marketing and branding plans that reflect our unique cooperative culture. Implement and monitor marketing budget. Lead outreach, education, and marketing/promotion activities in alignment with the Co-op Global Ends, goals, and objectives. The O&M Coordinator is also a Manager on Duty, and thus upholds all responsibilities incumbent upon the MOD, notably serving as primary store point person for specified shifts.
● Outreach/Community Organizing:
o Build relationships with community partners, local vendors, growers, and individuals to educate them about the Co-op and its Global Ends.
o Coordinate member volunteers and/or staff to represent Daily at community events.
o Manage the ‘Daily Change’ round-up program, including receiving, reviewing, and approving with the GM applications for monthly recipients.
o Develop educational opportunities for staff and members related to the Co-op.
o Ensure a seamless owner-member application process, including readily available forms and brochures at the Front End kiosk, visible counter of all owners, and processing online membership applications.
o Maintain a customer comment card box at the Front End kiosk.
o Periodically create owner-member drives.
o As necessary, hold meetings with staff to discuss strategies and incentives for increasing membership.
o Maintain databases of all owner information including contact information and owner communications.
o At least every other year create and distribute owner-member survey.
o Distribute a monthly newsletter for members.
o Send electronic board meeting announcements and create in-store signage announcing boardmmeetings.
o Assist the Board and GM with yearly elections.
o Serve as the primary point of contact for membership questions.
o Produce timely, effective, well-branded promotional materials (such as annual reports, store signage, event promotions, specials flyers, coupons, brochures, membership packets, etc.). Assist department managers in entering promotional information into POS. Fulfill all sign requests from department managers in a timely manner.
o Maintain the Daily website through Squarespace.
o Design and purchase Daily General Merchandise, with GM approval. Consult with Grocery Manager on maintaining levels of General Merchandise and hitting margin targets.
o Work with the Deli Manager to maintain a Deli Menu, including special orders.
o Maintain connections with the community through sponsorships and/or participation in community events that support Daily’s brand and growth objectives. Serve as liaison with community organizations. Facilitate, plan, and support community and store events, such as annual meetings, fundraisers, Co-op Month, or holiday markets.
o Maintain a healthy and vibrant social media presence for Daily Groceries on various platforms, including Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
o Consult with GM about marketing, advertising, and social media strategy.
o Seek out and respond to the media to obtain favorable coverage, while also working with the GM to mitigate any (potential) damaging media or social media impact.
o Actively schedule a part-time Marketing Assistant and delegate appropriate tasks.
o Train and evaluate Assistant on a consistent basis; coach and provide ongoing feedback to foster excellent communication, customer-service, and teamwork.
o Work regular Manager on Duty shifts each week, as scheduled by the GM.
o Attend weekly managers meetings and inform team of relevant news.
o Create a weekly ‘Staff News’.
o Attend relevant trainings, conferences, and workshops, as deemed appropriate by the GM.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
● Passionate about selling intentionally sourced food to the community
● Ability to work independently as well as with others in a cooperative environment
● Strong communication skills and experience to handle a wide variety of customer/vendor interactions
● Beginner to intermediate skill level with graphic design (Illustrator), customer relationship management
(Mailchimp), website management (Squarespace), and database management software (MS Access)
● Awareness of community landscape (e.g., major food nonprofit players, social enterprises, community leaders, events, etc.)
● Ability to lift, carry, and otherwise move and position objects weighing up to 50 pounds
● Must be able to grasp, bend, reach, crouch, and climb ladders with ease and frequency
The ideal candidate will have:
● Good organization and time management skills
● In-depth knowledge of social media platforms
● Ability to interact with the public regularly
● Meticulous attention to quality and aesthetics
● Schedule flexibility, including evenings, weekends, and holidays
● Commitment to the cooperative business model
● Knowledge of natural foods industry
● Direct, open, and respectful communication style
● Experience working with many different cultures and backgrounds
Please email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org.