Daily Groceries Co-op is a small community-owned grocery store on the edge of downtown with a commitment to locally grown and produced food and products. Daily Groceries Co-op is an equal employment opportunity business, and we strongly recognize the value of a diverse workplace.
- More coming soon!
Daily Groceries is a natural foods cooperative in Athens, GA. The Daily Groceries Co-op is seeking an outstanding individual to lead our team. The General Manager will run the day to day operations of the store and will report to the board of directors.
- Grocery management and supervisory experience (store manager, assistant manager, or department manager).
- Experience managing to and accountable for a budget.
- Strong communication skills are a must for this position. Working with employees and the public comprise a large part of the job.
- Must embrace opportunities to learn and grow, develop efficiencies that better support and enhance the store, and increase sales – all in a team environment.
- Experienced in natural foods grocery and the cooperative business model.
- Experience in communicating with and reporting to a board of directors.
The job of the general manager is to model the behaviors and attitudes expected of all staff, and ensure the achievement of the ends policies within the boundaries as defined by the executive limitations policies.
The general manager is empowered to make all decisions, create policies, and authorize all engagements, and is responsible for demonstrating consistent reasonable interpretation of board policy as provided for in board/general manager relations policies.
The general manager’s performance is systematically and rigorously monitored and evaluated compared to the expectations set forth in board policy according to the following executive limitations:
- Financial conditions and activities
- Business planning and financial budgeting
- Asset protection
- Membership rights and responsibilities
- Treatment of customers
- Staff treatment and compensation
- Communication to the Board
- Board logistical support
- Emergency general management succession
- Monitoring will occur by internal report by the general manager, external report by a disinterested third party, and by direct Board inspection, or any combination thereof.
A full set of board policies is available upon request.
Pay commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
Email resumes to email@example.com
Front End Manager
Must be able to work up to 40 hours per week with schedule flexibility.
To set the highest standards of customer service; communicate effectively with Front End staff as well as the Manager on Duty and Department Managers regarding store operations; set expectations for all Front End staff and uphold accountability to those expectations; create and facilitate a strong Front End team whose duties include providing excellent service to all customers, handling cash in a reasonable and responsible manner and maintaining a store front that is clean, orderly, well-stocked and in alignment with the Ends statement of the co-op.
• Acknowledge customers as they come in the store
• Respond promptly and courteously to customer questions and comments
• Provide customers with detailed and accurate Owner Member information
• Recognize and act on opportunities to make a customer’s day or to make it right for customers with complaints
Primary Responsibilities Include:
• Hiring, training, scheduling, support and supervision of Front End staff.
• Overseeing and ensuring accuracy and security of all cash received through front end, by upholding money-handling procedures, checking cashier deposit paperwork and giving feedback to cashiers on Close Report preparation.
• Ensuring prompt, friendly, courteous customer service.
• Creating and overseeing customer service training for the store.
• Scheduling coverage of cashier shifts.
• Ensuring cashiers are aware of price changes, specials, and all changes in store policies and procedures affecting cashiering.
• Overseeing and directing tasks and projects for cashiers when there are no customers to check out and ensuring department productivity.
• Overseeing and ensuring that there are adequate register and front end supplies.
• Working with management team to ensure proper flow of information from departments to cashiers. e.g. pricing, register menus and systems to insure proper “rings”.
• Upholding security procedures including theft, disorderly customers, robberies, proper opening and closing procedures.
• Assisting bookkeeping when needed in tasks such as data entry.
• Troubleshooting Point of Sale system and supporting database accuracy.
• Working regular Manager on Duty shifts, (see MOD job description.)
• Other tasks as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to work independently as well as with others in a cooperative environment
• Strong communication skills and experience to handle a wide variety of customers
• Schedule flexibility, including ability to work one weekend day
• Set a positive example for co-workers
• Ability to stand for long periods of time
• Physical endurance including but not limited to standing, bending, twisting, repetitive motion, and lifting10-40lbs regularly
• Multilingual a plus
• Demonstrates the ability to work with co-workers and customers from various cultural backgrounds
How to Apply
**Please email resumé and cover letter to HR@daily.coop, or leave a copy with us at the store.