Board of Directors
It’s time to elect YOUR Board of Directors!
One of the most important benefits of being an Owner-Member is that YOU choose who’s steering this ship! You have real opportunities to be heard and positively influence a local community hub by electing our Board of Directors. The application/nomination process is now over and it is time to VOTE!!
STEP 1 – GET INFO
- Daily’s Owner Members in good standing are eligible to vote for candidates for the Board of Directors.
- Candidate bios can be found here or in hard copy in the store.
STEP 2 – VOTE!
There are 2 Board seats open for election this year. You may vote for up to 2 candidates. If you subscribe to our Owner-Member email list, you will receive an email that will allow you to vote online. If not, you may vote in the store until November 2nd or during the first 30 minutes of our Annual Meeting. This year’s meeting will take place November 2nd from 7:00-9:00 PM at Normal Bar (1365 Prince Ave.) More details on the Annual Meeting will be sent out soon.
STEP 3 – GET RESULTS
The votes will be counted and the results will be announced during the Annual Meeting. For the Board seats, the 2 candidates receiving the most votes win seats. If a tie vote is required, it will be done by voting members in attendance at the Annual Meeting.
Role of the Board
The role of the Board is to establish a vision for the future of the Co-op and govern the cooperative towards these ends. At Daily, our Board governs via our By-Laws and our Policies. In addition to governance, the Board provides fiduciary and management oversight.
Our Ends Policy (listed below) is used to guide our organization in every decision that we make. The general manager regularly reports on Daily’s progress toward achieving our Ends.
- Daily Groceries Co-op Board of Directors Policy Register
- Daily Groceries Co-op Articles of Incorporation & Merger with 2014 Amendment
- Daily Groceries Co-op Bylaws Adopted 10/15/12
Daily Groceries’ Ends Policy
In Athens there will be a thriving, local, cooperative economy; a fun, inspiring place to shop and learn; a hub for community and civic engagement; and a source of excellent food.
Your 2016-2017 Board of Directors
The Board is having exciting discussions right now about the future of Daily and expanding the local and cooperative economy. If you are an Owner-Member and would like to join the conversation, consider attending a board meeting.
Upcoming Board Meetings:
We hold Board Meetings once a month and all Owner-Members are welcome.
- Tuesday, January 10, 7:00-8:00 pm
- Monday, February 13, 7:00-8:00 pm
- Tuesday, March 14, 7:00-8:00 pm
- Tuesday, April 11, 7:00-8:00 pm
- Tuesday, May 9 – canceled for Board of Directors training session
- Tuesday, June 13, 7:00-8:00 pm
- Tuesday, July 11, 7:00-8:00 pm
- Tuesday, August 8, 7:00-8:00 pm
- Wednesday, September 20, 7:00-8:00 pm
- Tuesday, October 24, 2017, 7:00-8:00 pm
- November: TBD
- December: TBD
*This meeting will be held at Pixel and Ink, 766 W. Broad St. The meeting will be held in the Trio Art Gallery. It is through the yellow door to the right of the main entrance and up the stairs. Parking is available in the Pixel and Ink lot, Vic’s Vintage, or Starlight Showroom’s lot.
*Owner-Member forum begins 15 minutes after the start of the meeting.
Unless otherwise notified, the meetings take place at:
Firehall No. 2
489 Prince Ave.
(next to Avid Bookshop)
2017 Board Meeting Minutes:
- January 2017
- February 2017
- March 2017
- April 2017
- May 2017 (No board meeting held)
- June 2017
- July 2017