Board of Directors
Role of the Board
The role of the Board is to establish a vision for the future of the Co-op and govern the cooperative towards these ends. At Daily, our Board governs via our By-Laws and our Policies. In addition to governance, the Board provides fiduciary and management oversight.
Our Ends Policy (listed below) is used to guide our organization in every decision that we make. The general manager regularly reports on Daily’s progress toward achieving our Ends.
- Daily Groceries Co-op Board of Directors Policy Register
- Daily Groceries Co-op Articles of Incorporation & Merger with 2014 Amendment
- Daily Groceries Co-op Bylaws Adopted 10/15/12
Daily Groceries’ Ends Policy
In Athens there will be a thriving, local, cooperative economy; a fun, inspiring place to shop and learn; a hub for community and civic engagement; and a source of excellent food.
Your 2018 Board of Directors
The Board is having exciting discussions right now about the future of Daily and expanding the local and cooperative economy. If you are an Owner-Member and would like to join the conversation, consider attending a board meeting.
Upcoming Board Meetings:
We hold Board Meetings once a month and all Owner-Members are welcome.
- Tuesday, January 10, 7:00-8:00 pm
- Monday, February 13, 7:00-8:00 pm
- Tuesday, March 14, 7:00-8:00 pm
- Tuesday, April 11, 7:00-8:00 pm
- Tuesday, May 9 – Canceled for Board of Directors training session
- Tuesday, June 13, 7:00-8:00 pm
- Tuesday, July 11, 7:00-8:00 pm
- Tuesday, August 8, 7:00-8:00 pm
- Wednesday, September 20, 7:00-8:00 pm
- Tuesday, October 24, 2017, 7:00-8:00 pm
- November- Cancelled for Board of Directors Retreat
- Tuesday, December 12, 7:00-8:00pm
*This meeting will be held at Pixel and Ink, 766 W. Broad St. The meeting will be held in the Trio Art Gallery. It is through the yellow door to the right of the main entrance and up the stairs. Parking is available in the Pixel and Ink lot, Vic’s Vintage, or Starlight Showroom’s lot.
- November: TBD
- December: TBD
*Owner-Member forum begins 15 minutes after the start of the meeting.
Unless otherwise notified, the meetings take place at:
Firehall No. 2
489 Prince Ave.
(next to Avid Bookshop)
2017 Board Meeting Minutes:
- January 2017
- February 2017
- March 2017
- April 2017
- May 2017 (No board meeting held)
- June 2017
- July 2017